Road tour of the French countryside
Road tour of the M27 near Southhampton, UK
When you arrive at the landing location, simply click all the continent boxes for the most varied journeys and click "Teleport." Be sure to encourage "traveling" in each destination; click down the roads, zoom in on the buildings and scenery.
You can find some ideas for building a lesson plan for this activity here.
I went for the cultural geography angle and made a worksheet with the following:
Travel to four locations. For each answer the following questions:
- Describe the following:
- Type of buildings:
- What details stand out for you?
- How does this location differ from where you live?
- How is it similar?
- How far away from you?
After all four trips are taken and the questions answered, evaluate the journey.
- How do these locations differ from each other?
- How are they similar?
- Which location is the most similar to where you live?
- Which location is the most different?
- Which location is the farthest away?
- Which location is nearest?
- Which location would you like to visit most and why?
Happy travels! How will you use Globe Genie?